2014 Late Model Rules:
- All drivers are required to have operating
"raceivers" in proper working condition,
channeled to the track's frequency, with fresh
- Mandatory for every division. You must
have one. Every car will be
routinely checked for one. Make sure you have
CAR AND BODY:
- Body to be made by WoO Latemodel's rules.
- No mirrors.
- No sharp or jagged edges or outward facing fasteners.
- Rear window sides panels may be solid or open no more
than 40% of the space BUT, the right and left sides must
match (right open & left open or both solid).
- The front roof support panels must match and the rear
support panels must match.
- ALL CARS MUST
HAVE ACCEPTABLE TOW HOOKS: one on the front
and one on the rear outside the body capable of
sustaining the weight of the car when lifted or you will
be fined $25.00.
- No side spoiler.
- Rear spoiler no more than 8-inches above deck.
- Sheet metal deck height must be no higher than
38-inches off ground with tires inflated.
- Rear deck must not exceed the maximum limit at
any point across the deck and or spoiler.
- MINIMUM 2200
LB. WITH DRIVER AFTER RACE. (NO
- NO ADDED WEIGHT
ABOVE DRIVER SHOULDERS ( SAFETY FACTOR).
- WEIGHT MUST BE
BEHIND FRONT AXLE AND NO FURTHER BACK THAN FUEL CELL
AND SECURELY FASTENED TO FRAME.
Optional but highly recommended with exhaust to outside of
body with no turn down.
- Only one 2-barrel or one 4-barrel carburetor
- NO NITROUS
OXIDE, NO FUEL INJECTION, NO TURBOS, NO SUPER
- Headers permitted.
- Aluminum engines allowed.
- Aluminum intake manifold and head are allowed.
- Batteries must be securely fastened and
provisions made to prevent leakage of acid in case of
roll over or damage.
- A "master" battery disconnect switch must be
mounted in cockpit of the car within the drivers reach
and easily accessible by the driver.
Drive shaft hoop is mandatory.
- Must be working conditions at all times.
- Cars must start and run under their own power.
- Must have working reverse.
- Seat belt dating must not exceed two (2) years old.
- Seat belts must be bolted to frame (not to floor) and
pass inspector's approval.
- Shoulder harness is required.
- Only seat belt with quick release mechanism allowed.
- A bucket seat with padded headrest higher than
driver's head (racing type) is recommended and should be
secured (bolted) to frame (not to floor) and roll cage
high and low.
- Hans Device, Hutchens and/or similar safety restraint
system is suggested.
- A quick release Steering Wheel is mandatory.
- Batteries are not allowed in Driver's Compartment.
- FIRE SUITS of one or
two piece ARE REQUIRED (YOU MUST WEAR ONE).
- Racing gloves and
shoes are suggested - NO Plastic Gloves.
- Only racing type helmet with full-race shield should
be worn. Helmets that have fire resistant
interior-Snell 2005 and up are recommended.
- A full metal firewall must be installed between driver
and engine, and between fuel tank and driver. The
driver's compartment MUST be completely enclosed.
- Fuel tank must be securely fastened and must be welded
and sealed at top, bottom, and sides.
- No 5-gallon containers or converted grease or oil
containers may be used as tanks.
- Fuel lines run under floor, if not, must be covered
and sealed at both ends by rubber hose only.
- Fuel cells must be mounted behind the rear end housing
between frame rails as is the normal position from the
builder and it MUST be Securly Strapped with a minimum
of two (2) Steel Straps that are bolted to the Chassis
(Frame) Securely locking in the fuel cell. Straps
MUST be at least two (2) inches wide and 1/8 inch
thick. Fuel Cell Must be mounted inside the Fuel
Cell Steel Box. No Part of the Fuel Cell can be
below the bottom of the rear housing.
- Should have fire extinguisher within driver's reach.
- Numbers can be of 3 digits and one letter.
- No duplicate numbers allowed.
- No fractions allowed.
- Must be at least 18-inches high and 2-inches wide.
- Cars should have 4x4-inch number on the windshield
- All numbers must be painted on both sides of the car
and on the roof.
- All numbers must be visible and legible - contrasting
to color of car. This means don't put a white
number on a silver car.
- When a car is registered in the pits, that car can
only run that number for that night. If a car
comes with a number already registered, that car will be
asked to add a letter.
- If you have questions about your car qualifying for
these rules, any driver or pit crew member has till
7:00pm to ask tech inspector to check their car.
- The track officials have the authority to
inspect any portion of a car subject to rule
specifications for that division.
- Any and all decisions of the Tech committee as to a
car being legal or illegal are final.
- All rules are at the discretion of Marion Center
Speedway Officials and reserves the right to amend,
adjust, change, or delete the rules without notice.
All drivers under the age of 18 MUST have
signed waver by parent or guardian, Notarized.
REFER TO THE GENERAL RULES
FOR ALL OTHER RULES.
ON THE FIRST NIGHT OF
POINTS ALL RULES WILL APPLY! NO OPEN COMPETITION.
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed
to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to
establish minimum acceptable requirements for events.
The rules shall govern the conduct of all events, and by
participating in these events, all participants are deemed
to have complied with these rules. No expressed or
implied warranty to safety shall result for publication or
compliance with these rules and/or regulations. They
are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are
in no way a guarantee against injury to the participant,
spectator, or official. The race director shall be
empowered to permit deviation from any of the specifications
herein or impose any further restrictions that in his
opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable
requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of
safety shall result from such alteration of
specification. Any interpretation of these rules is
left to the discrepancies of the officials. Their
decisions are final.
Anyone causing disturbance at the track such as fighting,
blocking the track, etc., will be subject to 1 or 2 week
suspension or a fine of $300.00 or both. They will
also be responsible for all physical or property damage from
such disturbance to himself or others. A fine of
$300.00 levied and paid before person(s) will be allowed on
MARION CENTER SPEEDWAY premises. Fine payment will be
added to the point fund. The track officials will
govern disturbance on a case-by-case basis.
No dogs will be permitted into the pits unless they are
service animals only.