2013 Steel-Blk Limited
Late Model Rules:
CAR AND BODY:
- Body to be made by WoO Latemodel's rules.
- Aluminum or rubber nose-pieces acceptable.
- No mirrors.
- No sharp or jagged edges or outward facing fasteners.
- Rear window sides panels may be solid or open no more
than 40% of the space BUT, the right and left sides must
match (right open & left open or both solid.)
- The front roof support panels must match and the rear
support panels must match.
- Rub rails must be tight against the sheet metal body
with round ends.
- ALL CARS MUST HAVE
ACCEPTABLE TWO HOOKS: one on the front and one on the
rear outside the body capable of sustaining the weight
of the car when lifted or you will be fined $25.00.
- Spoilers permitted with a maximum of eight (8)
- Deck lid height maximum of 38 inches.
- Rear deck height must not exceed the maximum limit at
any point across and/or spoiler.
- MINIMUM 2400
LB. WITH DRIVER AFTER RACE.
- NO ADDED WEIGHT
ABOVE DRIVER SHOULDERS ( SAFETY FACTOR).
- WEIGHT MUST BE
BEHIND FRONT AXLE AND NO FURTHER BACK THAN FUEL CELL
AND SECURELY FASTENED TO FRAME.
Optional but highly recommended with exhaust to outside of
body with no turn down.
- Quick change permitted.
- Floater Allowed.
- No larger than1100 Series.
- 14-inches from sidewall to sidewall.
- No winter treads.
- Cars should have reinforced wheels with
oversized lug nuts.
- Racing wheels permitted.
- Bead locks okay.
- No aluminum block.
- One 2-barrel or 4-barrel carburetor.
- NO NITROUS OXIDE, NO
FUEL INJECTION, NO TURBOS, NO SUPER CHARGERS
- ENGINE FUEL GASOLINE
OR ALCOHOL ONLY.
- Batteries must be securely fastened and provisions
made to prevent leakage of acid in case of roll over or
- A "master" battery disconnect switch must be mounted
in cockpit of the car within the drivers reach and
easily accessible by the driver.
Cars must have safety strap in front of drive shaft.
- Must be working conditions at all times.
- Cars must start and run under their own power.
- Must have working reverse.
- Seat belt dating must not exceed five (5) years old.
- Seat belts must be bolted to frame and pass
- Shoulder harness is required.
- Only seat belt with quick release mechanism allowed.
- A bucket seat with padded headrest higher than
driver's head is recommended and should be secured to
frame and roll cage high and low.
- FULL FIRESUITS ARE
REQUIRED (YOU MUST WEAR ONE).
- Only racing type helmet with full-race shield should
- A full metal firewall must be installed between driver
and engine, and between fuel tank and driver.
- Fuel tank must be securely fastened and must be welded
and sealed at top, bottom, and sides.
- No 5-gallon containers or converted grease or oil
containers may be used as tanks.
- Fuel lines run under floor, if not, must be covered
and sealed at both ends by rubber hose only.
- Fuel cells are highly recommended.
- Should have fire extinguisher within driver's reach.
- Numbers can be of 3 digits and one letter.
- No duplicate numbers allowed.
- No fractions allowed.
- Must be at least 18-inches high and 2-inches wide.
- Cars should have 4x4-inch number on the windshield
- All numbers must be painted on both sides of the car
and on the roof.
- All numbers must be visible and legible - contrasting
to color of car. This means don't put a white
number on a silver car.
- When a car is registered in the pits, that car can
only run that number for that night.
If you have questions about your car qualifying for these
rules, any driver or pit crew member has till 7:00pm to ask
tech inspector to check their car.
All drivers under the age of 18 MUST have
signed waver by parent or guardian, Notarized.
REFER TO THE GENERAL RULES
FOR ALL OTHER RULES.
ON THE FIRST NIGHT OF
POINTS ALL RULES WILL APPLY! NO OPEN COMPETITION.
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed
to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to
establish minimum acceptable requirements for events.
The rules shall govern the conduct of all events, and by
participating in these events, all participants are deemed
to have complied with these rules. No expressed or
implied warranty to safety shall result for publication or
compliance with these rules and/or regulations. They
are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are
in no way a guarantee against injury to the participant,
spectator, or official. The race director shall be
empowered to permit deviation from any of the specifications
herein or impose any further restrictions that in his
opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable
requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of
safety shall result from such alteration of
specification. Any interpretation of these rules is
left to the discrepancies of the officials. Their
decisions are final.
Anyone causing disturbance at the track such as fighting,
blocking the track, etc., will be subject to 1 or 2 week
suspension or a fine of $300.00 or both. They will
also be responsible for all physical or property damage from
such disturbance to himself or others. A fine of
$300.00 levied and paid before person(s) will be allowed on
MARION CENTER SPEEDWAY premises. Fine payment will be
added to the point fund. The track officials will
govern disturbance on a case-by-case basis.
No dogs will be permitted into the pits unless they are
service animals only.