2015 Steel-Blk Limited Late
1. All drivers are
required to have an operating “RACECeiver” in proper
working condition, channeled to the track’s frequency,
with fresh batteries.
CAR AND BODY:
2. MANDATORY for every
division. You must have one. Every car will
be routinely checked for one. Make sure you have
1. Body to be made by WoO
2. Aluminum or rubber nose-pieces
3. No mirrors.
4. No sharp or jagged edges or
outward facing fasteners.
5. Rear window sides panels may be
solid or open no more than 40% of the space BUT, the
right and left sides must match (right open & left
open or both solid).
6. The front roof support panels
must match and the rear support panels must match.
7. Rub rails must be tight against
the sheet metal body with round ends.
1. Spoilers permitted with
maximum of eight (8) inches.
2. Deck lid height maximum of 38
3. Rear deck height must not exceed
the maximum limit at any point across the deck and/or
1. MINIMUM 2400 LB. WITH
DRIVER AFTER RACE. (NO EXCEPTIONS.)
Optional but highly recommended with exhaust to outside of
body with no turn down.
2. SAFETY FACTOR: NO ADDED
WEIGHT ABOVE DRIVER SHOULDERS.
3. WEIGHT MUST BE BEHIND FRONT AXLE
AND NO FURTHER BACK THAN FUEL CELL AND SECURELY FASTENED
TO FRAME WITH A ½-INCH BOLT OR LARGER OR ALL THREAD.
1. Quick change permitted
2. Floater Allowed.
1. No larger than 1100
2. 14-inches from sidewall to
3. No winter treads.
4. Cars should have reinforced
wheels with oversized lug nuts.
5. Racing wheels permitted.
6. Bead locks okay.
1. No aluminum block.
2. One 2-barrel or 4-barrel
3. NO NITROUS OXIDE, NO FUEL
INJECTION, NO TURBOS, NO SUPER CHARGERS ALLOWED.
4. ENGINE FUEL GASOLINE OR ALCOHOL
1. Headers permitted.
2. Aluminum engines allowed.
3. Aluminum intake manifold and head
1. A full metal firewall
must be installed between driver and engine, and between
fuel tank and driver. The driver’s compartment MUST be
2. Fuel tank must be securely
fastened and must be welded and sealed at top, bottom,
3. No 5-gallon containers or
converted grease or oil containers may be used as
4. Fuel lines run under floor, if
not, must be covered and sealed at both ends by rubber
5. Fuel cells must be mounted behind
the rear end housing between frame rails as is the
normal position from the builder and it MUST be Securely
Strapped with a minimum of two (2) Steel Straps that are
bolted to the Chassis (Frame). Securely locking in
the fuel cell. Straps MUST be at least two (2)
inches wide and 1/8 inch thick. Fuel Cell must be
mounted inside the Fuel Cell Steel Box. No Part of
the Fuel Cell can be below the bottom of the rear
1. Batteries are no
allowed in the driver’s compartment.
Drive shaft hoop is MANDATORY.
2. Batteries must be securely
fastened and provisions made to prevent leakage of acid
in case of roll over or damage.
3. A "master" battery disconnect
switch must be mounted in cockpit of the car within the
drivers reach and easily accessible by the driver.
1. Must be working
conditions at all times.
2. Cars must start and run under
their own power.
3. Must have working reverse.
1. All seat belts must be
in good shape. They will be checked.
2. Seat belts must be bolted to
frame (not to floor) and pass inspector's
3. Shoulder harness is
4. Only seat belt with quick release
5. An aluminum full containment
racing seat should be secured (bolted) to frame (not to
floor) and roll cage high and low.
6. Hans Device, Hutchens and/or
similar safety restraint system is suggested.
7. MANDATORY: A quick release
8. MANDATORY: FULL
FIRESUITS: Any fire retardant coveralls or any
fire retardant fire suit of one or two piece ARE
REQUIRED. YOU MUST WEAR ONE OR YOU WILL NOT
RACE! This is for your safety
9. Racing gloves and shoes are
suggested – NO Plastic Gloves.
10. Only racing type helmet with
full-race shield should be worn. Helmets that have
fire resistant interior – Snell 2005 and up are
11. Should have fire extinguisher
within driver's reach.
1. Numbers can be of 3
digits and one letter.
2. No duplicate numbers allowed.
3. No fractions allowed.
4. Must be at least 18-inches high
and 2-inches wide.
5. Cars should have 4x4-inch number
on the windshield screen.
6. All numbers must be painted on
both sides of the car and on the roof. All numbers
must be visible and legible - contrasting to color of
car. This means don't put a white number on a
7. When a car is registered in the
pits, that car can only run that number. No
changing a number later.
8. If a car comes with a number
already registered, that car will be asked to add a
9. If the race officials cannot read
that number, that number will not be scored.
1. If you have questions
about your car qualifying for these rules, any driver or
pit crew member has till 7:00pm to ask tech inspector to
check their car.
2. The track officials have the
authority to inspect any portion of a car subject to
rule specifications for that division.
3. Any and all decisions of the Tech
committee as to a car being legal or illegal are final.
4. ALL DRIVERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18
MUST HAVE SIGNED WAVER BY PARENT OR GUARDIAN, NOTARIZED.
5. ALL RULES ARE AT THE DISCRETION
OF MARION CENTER SPEEDWAY OFFICIALS AND RESERVE THE
RIGHT TO AMEND, ADJUST, CHANGE, OR DELETE THE RULES
6. REFER TO THE GENERAL RULES FOR
ALL OTHER RULES.
7. ON THE FIRST NIGHT OF POINTS ALL
RULES WILL APPLY! NO OPEN COMPETITION.
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are
designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing
events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements
for events. The rules shall govern the conduct of
all events, and by participating in these events, all
participants are deemed to have complied with these
rules. No expressed or implied warranty to safety
shall result for publication or compliance with these
rules and/or regulations. They are intended as a
guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a
guarantee against injury to the participant, spectator,
or official. The race director shall be empowered
to permit deviation from any of the specifications
herein or impose any further restrictions that in his
opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable
requirements. No expressed or implied warranty of
safety shall result from such alteration of
specification. Any interpretation of these rules
is left to the discrepancies of the officials.
Their decisions are final.
Anyone causing disturbance at the track such as
fighting, blocking the track, etc., will be subject to 1
or 2 week suspension or a fine of $300.00 or both.
They will also be responsible for all physical or
property damage from such disturbance to him or
others. A fine of $300.00 levied and paid before
person(s) will be allowed on MARION CENTER SPEEDWAY
premises. Fine payment will be added to the point
fund. The track officials will govern disturbance
on a case-by-case basis.
No dogs will be permitted into the pits unless they
are service animals only.