image for info.
Modified Lite Body
Requirements & Specifications:
- Body must be 5/8 scale, stock appearing.
- Maximum outside tire width 60", cars must
pass through a hoop 60 1/2" wide by 50" high,
73" wheelbase plus or minus 1".
- Overall Dimension: 42"
min. and 50" max. from ground - total car
height. 124 " max. total length, bumper
- Side and Rear Quarter Panel:
84" max. - Door and rear quarter length.
30" min. 38" max - Side height of rear quarter
panel from ground. 30" max. height of
- Hood: 20" min. 27" max.
- Hood height excluding breather protectors
(bottom of frame rail to top of hood).
Ram air induction system prohibited.
Rear air induction system prohibited. No
part of nose section (in front of spindle
centerline) may be wider than maximum of
24". Hood may taper out to door panels
at the rear.
- Roof Panel: 40" min. to
48" max. - length of roof panel. 36"
min. 42" max. - width of roof. No part
of roof panel may have more that 14 degree of
angle rake. No deflector of any type on
upper sides or rear roof panel. Roof
entrance hatch optional.
- Rear Upper Quarter Panel:
20" min. 38" max. rear upper side panel may
contain Plexiglas. Side panels maybe no
higher than 3" at the rear of the straight
line q quarter panel top edge. Side
panel may be no higher than an imaginary line
from rear edge of roof panel to 3" above the
top of the rear quarter panel.
- Side Window: 18" min.
opening length. 10" min. side opening
height front and rear.
- Interior: 46" min. 50"
max. - width of rear and body panels.
Rear shelf may have no more than 5 degree rake
and may not be convex in design. No lips
or spoilers of any kind. 36" min. 56"
max. - length of right side pad area with
maximum 30 degree. Left side pod may be
altered for driver access. rear quarter
distance from center of rear 20" min. and 30"
max. Cockpit cover with a max. of 1/2
lip will be permitted providing the on/off
cutoff switch is reachable from outside the
car by safety personnel.
- Rear Spoiler (Optional):
- A one (1) piece, aluminum / lexan
spoiler with a maximum height of 4 inches
from the rear deck will be permitted.
- The rear spoiler must be non-adjustable
from the cockpit and/or during racing
- Hinges, adjuster(s), slides and/or any
other type device will be permitted.
- May not extend the rear quarter panel.
- Metal gurney and/or table and/or flanges
and/or lips will not be permitted.
- A brake and/or bend on the top of the
aluminum/lexan spoiler will be permitted
- The maximum overall height of the
spoiler when measured from the ground must
not exceed 40 inches.
- No vertical supports for the purpose of
fastening the spoiler to the rear deck
will be permitted.
Rear Frame Area:
- The rear frame area from the rear shelf
downward may have an optional enclosed
- Louvers allowed and holes allowed.
- 1250 lbs.
- No weight outside of car body, i.e. on
- Front width 30", Bumper height 6" to 8"
with 2-bar loop. Ground to top of
bumper: 12" minimum and 16" maximum.
Bumper may not extend more than 12 "
forward of front tires.
- Rear maximum width 56" with 3 vertical
bars. Bumper height 6" to 8" with
2-bar loop configuration. Ground to
top of bumper: 12" minimum and 18"
maximum. May not extend more than 8"
behind rear body panels.
- Bumpers must be hollow with maximum wall
thickness of .125.
- Firewall must be metal and must
completely separate engine compartment
- Engine protruding into cockpit must be
- Windshield must be Lexan, wire mesh, or
- No Glass.
- All other cockpit areas must remain
- Deflectors may be used in front of
- May be no wider than roll bar area.
- Full length nerf bars between front and
rear tires mandatory.
- Maximum outside diameter of 1.25" and
.125 maximum thickness, must be hollow and
may not extend out beyond tread width more
than 1" at the rear only.
- Seat must be high-back aluminum, racing
- All cars will have a permanent bar
located behind top of seat at should
- Bottom of seat will not be more than 63"
back measured from upper ball joint.
- Seat may be tilted back for added driver
head clearance, however, no portion of the
seat may be back more than 70" as measured
- Car number must be minimum 12" in height
and 2" wide.
- Must be displayed on each door and roof
- Numbers in 4" size should be on front
and rear of car to help with line-ups.
Wheels and Tires:
- Steel wheels only, minimum wall
thickness .090", 13" only. Wheel width
- Open Tire.
- 40-durometer minimum before the race.
- Bead lock rims are optional on both
right and left sides.
(Bazzaz fuel performance devices will NOT BE
ALLOWED in any application within the
rules.) Engine allowed between the
years of 2000-2008 can be used.
Minimum weight with driver will be 1250
General Motor Specifications:
- Four cycle, four cylinders maximum
only. Must have working
transmission, clutch, and starter with all
parts in place. Complete clutch
assembly must remain in engine. External
reverse boxes allowed. No air
controlled shifting devices.
- Charging system optional. Battery
powered ignition system only.
Alternator cover allowed.
- No auxiliary starters.
- Engines must be frond mounted in engine
- Engine setback: The "square of the
engine" (rear fins of the jugs) may not
extend rearward more than 17" from the
center of front spindle. No part of
the engine or transmission may extend
rearward more than 21 inches from center
of front spindle.
- no aftermarket fuel injection and no
turbo's. No nitrous oxide. OEM
fuel injection must remain stock.
- Engine must be cooled by original
intent. May use extra fan or oil
- Engine exhaust must include muffler and
exit rearward. All muffler devices
must include baffles. Muffler MUST
meet local track regulations, (if
Battery, Fuel System:
- Battery and fuel pump must be mounted
outside drivers compartment. Battery
must be secure and held with non-rubber
strap. Electric fuel pump allowed.
- Fuel cell mandatory, max 5 gal., located
- Gasoline or alcohol only, no fuel
additives allowed. According to
- Reinforced or steel braided line must be
used in high-pressure areas.
- A direct manual cut-off switch wired to
ground circuit will be installed on the
right rear shelf or rear firewall with 6"
of corner formed by the rear deck and rear
firewall. Switch will be located
over the right shoulder of the
driver. The emergency electrical cut
off switch will be clearly located and
- Must use steel drive shaft from
transmission to automotive rear end.
Min 2.50" x 0.083" or 2" x .120"
- Quick-change rear ends allowed with
steel tubes only.
- Drive shaft tunnel must have min of 2 (3
recommended) 360-degree hoops between
firewall and seat back. Must be
fabricated of min. .1875 x 1.5 steel bar.
1" x .095" steel tube highly recommended.
- Rear must be locked or have a solid
spool. No slip spools allowed.
- No titanium axles allowed.
Frame and Roll Cage:
- Mainframe members will be min. of 1" x
2" x .120" wall rectangular steel tubing
only. Mainframe rail consist of the
length between the front lower a-arm cross
member and the rear man roll bar
upright. No aluminum allowed in cage
- Mainframe will have a min. of 3 cross
members between firewall and back of seat
fabricated of same material as frame
rails. Alternate materials may be
steel angle, min. .125" x 1.5" x 2".
Cross-bracing in floor under driver
strongly recommended. Rear frame
rails at rear roll bar must be 34" max and
30" min. outside dimension. Rear
roll bar must meet same dimension as the
frame it is mounted to. Frame may
taper forward of driver seat area.
Front engine area frame must be 24" max.
and 20" min. outside dimension. Left
and right frame rails must be the same +
or - 1/2".
- Roll cage must be DOM steel min. 1.25" x
.065" (.095 recommended) in all cars
manufactured from 12/98 on. Clubs
may grandfather older cars with 1" x .065"
tubing. Cross-brace or diagonal
strongly recommended in hoop over driver's
- All cars must have cage bars installed
across door openings on both sides.
Bars should be welded in place as part of
roll cage. Min. size 1" x .065".
(1.25" x .095" recommended) cars
with bars mounted on doors should have
full door frame and min. of 2 horizontal
cross bars. Min. 1" x .083".
Cars with bars mounted on doors must have
1/4" x 2" steel stops welded in on each
side of opening, totaling a min. of 4" on
each end of door.
- It is required to have a steel bar with
a min. size of 1" x .065" from doorpost to
doorpost, under the dash. Steel
plate on driver's door bars recommended.
- It is recommended that, it using rivets,
body panels attach to tabs welded onto
cage instead of drilling multiple holes
into cage bars.
- No down tube frame cars allowed.
Any bars going from cowl area to snout
must remain below the upper line of hood.
- Classic pickups may have two (2) bars
going from upper rear roll cage down to
- Front suspension must not extend
rearward pas the most forward panel of the
- Rear trailing arm/radius rod
specifications: Arms may have a max.
length of 30"
- Torque-absorbing devices are permitted.
- Max. 3 radius rods or 3 link suspension.
- Wheel offsets are allowed.
- Hub offsets are NOT allowed. Hubs
front and rear must be within 1/2"
distance from mainframe rail on either
side of car, measured from center of rotor
to vertical plane of frame rail.
- Coil-over shocks are the only allowable
means of supporting the chassis. One
shock and one spring per wheel only.
Shock and spring must remain as one unit.
- Shocks must be of all-steel
construction, non-adjustable type.
May not be of a type that allow
- No driver shall have the ability to
adjust suspension from inside car.
- Straight front axles are
prohibited. Local clubs may
grandfather existing cars for competition.
- No leaf springs.
- No birdcage type rear linkage.
- Anti-roll (sway) bars permitted front or
rear. Must be connected without
adjustments to arm location.
- No torsion bar suspension system of any
- No cant-a-lever or cant-a-lever type
device will be permitted in or on any area
of the race car.
- All steering components must have safety
fasteners such as cotter pins or
- Manufactured quick-release steering
wheel hubs mandatory.
- Rack and pinion steering is mandatory.
- All four (4) wheels must have working
calipers and rotors.
- Rotors and Calipers: (*) Steel
rotors mandatory, .250 min. thickness; (*)
Steel OEM calipers or aluminum calipers;
(*) Cutting and scalloping of rotors will
be allowed. No surface cracks of any
type will be allowed on the face of the
rotors; (*) Drilling of rotors is
- Adjustable brakes bias and wheel shut
- Competition-type master cylinders
- Fire bottle system HIGHLY recommended,
must be fastened down with metal spring
bands and not plastic.
- Driver uniform will consist of:
(1.) Fire suit (single layer min., one or
2 piece). (2) Fireproof
gloves. (3) Fireproof shoes.
(4) Approved helmet with SA2005 or
higher. (5) Full-face helmet.
(6) Head and neck restraint system
- Car must be equipped with 5-point safety
harness, no more than 2 years old, with
min. of 3-inch belts.
- Aluminum, high-backed racing seat
- Window nets, arm restraints, head and
neck restraints HIGHLY recommended.
- No two-way radios.
- One-way communication from officials
only is allowed.
- No mirrors allowed.
Track Miscellaneous Rules:
If you have questions about your car
qualifying for these rules, any driver or
pit crew member has till 7:00pm to ask
inspector to check their car.
All drivers under the age of 18
MUST have signed waver by parent or
REFER TO THE
GENERAL RULES FOR ALL OTHER RULES.
ON THE FIRST
NIGHT OF POINTS ALL RULES WILL APPLY! NO
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein
are designed to provide for the orderly conduct
of racing events and to establish minimum
acceptable requirements for events. The
rules shall govern the conduct of all events,
and by participating in these events, all
participants are deemed to have complied with
these rules. No expressed or implied
warranty to safety shall result for publication
or compliance with these rules and/or
regulations. They are intended as a guide
for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a
guarantee against injury to the participant,
spectator, or official. The race director
shall be empowered to permit deviation from any
of the specifications herein or impose any
further restrictions that in his opinion do not
alter the minimum acceptable requirements.
No expressed or implied warranty of safety shall
result from such alteration of
specification. Any interpretation of these
rules is left to the discrepancies of the
officials. Their decisions are final.
Anyone causing disturbance at the track such as
fighting, blocking the track, etc., will be
subject to 1 or 2 week suspension or a fine of
$300.00 or both. They will also be
responsible for all physical or property damage
from such disturbance to himself or
others. A fine of $300.00 levied and paid
before person(s) will be allowed on MARION
CENTER SPEEDWAY premises. Fine payment
will be added to the point fund. The track
officials will govern disturbance on a
No dogs will be permitted into the pits unless
they are service animals only.