2014 Strictly Stock
CAR AND BODY:
- All drivers are required to have operating
"raceivers" in proper working condition,
channeled to the track's frequency, with fresh
- Mandatory for every division. You must
have one. Every car will be
routinely checked for one. Make sure you have
- No trucks.
- Must have metal roof, stock looking body parts,
panels, and bumpers.
- NO SPOILERS.
- Hood must be kept in place at all times.
- Body sheet metal must be kept in place at all
- No mirrors.
- Firewall in stock location.
- Floor board in stock location.
- Can be made out of 24-gauge sheet metal.
- Firewalls, front and rear, must have all holes
- ALL GLASS - headlights, taillights, etc., must be
- All chrome stripping must be removed.
- Door welded.
- ALL CARS MUST HAVE
ACCEPTABLE TOW HOOKS: one on the front and one on the
rear outside the body capable of sustaining the weight
of the car when lifted or you will be fined $25.00.
- Bumper covers front and rear, metal bumpers outside
body must be stock.
- No pipe bumpers and no sharp edges.
- Body must be neat appearing, no loose parts.
- Front and rear bumpers must be tied at both ends to
frame by chain or cable to prevent losing. This is
may be used in windshield area but drivers must wear a
full-face shield helmet.
- Must be factory.
- If car was manufactured without full frame, front
and rear frame sections must be tied together with a
2x4-inch frame box.
- Square tubing is permitted in rear of frame for fuel
- Frame minimum 106-inches.
- MINIMUM 3200
LB. WITH DRIVER AFTER RACE. (NO
- NO ADDED WEIGHT
ABOVE DRIVER SHOULDERS ( SAFETY FACTOR).
- WEIGHT MUST BE
BEHIND FRONT AXLE AND NO FURTHER BACK THAN FUEL CELL
AND SECURELY FASTENED TO FRAME.
- Gas tanks may be moved into trunk area of car but
must be securely fastened.
- Suitable firewall between gas tank and driver is
- Should be of 2-inch black pipe or 1-1/2 seamless
tubing or larger.
- Roll cage is 4-post design with "X" bracing behind
seat with 3 bars on both side doors fastened to frame
- No square tubing.
- Highly recommended padded roll bars/cage.
- Optional but highly recommended with exhaust pipes
bump to outside behind driver on either side of car
with no turn down.
- No cutouts.
- Street legal inside frame rail headers.
TRANSMISSION AND REAR
- No modifying of the suspension is allowed.
Shocks must be on original mounts.
- No double shocking.
- No screw type weight jacks.
- Shocks - steel only, mp adjustable shocks.
- Tubular non-adjusting upper A-Arms allowed.
WHEELS & TIRES:
- Automatic, 3-speed, 4-speed accepted.
- NO QUICK CHANGE
- Engine must
match car, such as: GM-GM, FORD-FORD, etc.
- No floater rear ends.
- 9-inch Ford Rears are okay.
- Steel wheels.
- Maximum 15-inches x 8-inches rim and tires 11-inch
max. sidewall to sidewall.
- NO SCREWS IN RIMS.
- Duel plane aluminum intake allowed.
- Front spark plug holes must be in front of upper
- NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED - GAS ONLY. NO FUEL
INJECTED CARS PERMITTED.
- 350 Chevy, 351 Ford,360 Chrysler.
- 4-barrel allowed.
- No electric fuel pumps.
- Carburetors: any 2- barrel - 4-barrel single
- Vacuum secondary - Vacuum must work - Secondary
cannot open when engine is NOT running.
- No aluminum heads and NO 400 blocks and stock
appearing distributors - NO mags, MSD, Mallory, Accel,
Pertronix and No extra spark boxes.
- Intake manifold must bolt directly to head with one
Batteries must be in trunk area properly contained to
avoid leakage in the event of damage, no further back than
fuel cell and securely fastened to the frame.
Cars must have strap in front of drive shaft
- A brace to protect radiator may be installed no
larger than 1-1/2-inch OD tubing or rectangular
- CANNOT BE WIDER
- Seat belt dating must not exceed two (2) years old.
- Seat belts must be bolted to frame (not to floor)
and pass inspector's approval.
- Shoulder harness is required.
- Only seat belt with quick release mechanism allowed.
- A bucket seat with padded headrest higher than
driver's head (racing type) is recommended and should
be secured (bolted) to frame (not to floor) and roll
cage high and low.
- Hans Device, Hutchens and/or similar safety
restraint system is suggested.
- A quick release Steering Wheel is mandatory.
- Batteries are not allowed in Driver's Compartment.
- FIRE SUITS of one
or two piece ARE REQUIRED (YOU MUST WEAR ONE).
- Racing gloves and
shoes are suggested - NO Plastic Gloves.
- Only racing type helmet with full-race shield should
be worn. Helmets that have fire resistant
interior-Snell 2005 and up are recommended.
- A full metal firewall must be installed between
driver and engine, and between fuel tank and
driver. The driver's compartment MUST be
- Fuel tank must be securely fastened and must be
welded and sealed at top, bottom, and sides.
- No 5-gallon containers or converted grease or oil
containers may be used as tanks.
- Fuel lines run under floor, if not, must be covered
and sealed at both ends by rubber hose only.
- Fuel cells must be mounted behind the rear end
housing between frame rails as is the normal position
from the builder and it MUST be Securly Strapped with
a minimum of two (2) Steel Straps that are bolted to
the Chassis (Frame) Securely locking in the fuel
cell. Straps MUST be at least two (2) inches
wide and 1/8 inch thick. Fuel Cell Must be
mounted inside the Fuel Cell Steel Box. No Part
of the Fuel Cell can be below the bottom of the rear
- Should have fire extinguisher within driver's reach.
- Numbers can be of 3 digits and one letter.
- No duplicate numbers allowed.
- No fractions allowed.
- Must be at least 18-inches high and 2-inches
- Cars should have 4x4-inch number on the windshield
- All numbers must be painted on both sides of the car
and on the roof. All numbers must be visible and
legible - contrasting to color of car. This
means don't put a white number on a silver car.
- When a car is registered in the pits, that car can
only run that number for that night. If a car
comes with a number already registered, that car will
be asked to add a letter.
All drivers under the age of 18 MUST have
signed waver by parent or guardian, Notarized.
REFER TO THE GENERAL
RULES FOR ALL OTHER RULES.
ON THE FIRST NIGHT OF
POINTS ALL RULES WILL APPLY! NO OPEN COMPETITION.
- If you have questions about your car qualifying for
these rules, any driver or pit crew member has till
7:00pm to ask tech inspector to check their car.
- The track officials have the authority to
inspect any portion of a car subject to rule
specifications for that division.
- Any and all decisions of the Tech committee as to a
car being legal or illegal are final.
- All rules are at the discretion of Marion Center
Speedway Officials and reserves the right to amend,
adjust, change, or delete the rules without notice.
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed
to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to
establish minimum acceptable requirements for
events. The rules shall govern the conduct of all
events, and by participating in these events, all
participants are deemed to have complied with these
rules. No expressed or implied warranty to safety
shall result for publication or compliance with these
rules and/or regulations. They are intended as a
guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a
guarantee against injury to the participant, spectator, or
official. The race director shall be empowered to
permit deviation from any of the specifications herein or
impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not
alter the minimum acceptable requirements. No
expressed or implied warranty of safety shall result from
such alteration of specification. Any interpretation
of these rules is left to the discrepancies of the
officials. Their decisions are final.
Anyone causing disturbance at the track such as fighting,
blocking the track, etc., will be subject to 1 or 2 week
suspension or a fine of $300.00 or both. They will
also be responsible for all physical or property damage
from such disturbance to himself or others. A fine
of $300.00 levied and paid before person(s) will be
allowed on MARION CENTER SPEEDWAY premises. Fine
payment will be added to the point fund. The track
officials will govern disturbance on a case-by-case basis.
No dogs will be permitted into the pits unless they are
service animals only.